Thing # 20 Earthquake Bridgeport, Illinois, 4-18-2008

Thing # 21 "The Rose Bette Midler"

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing # 22: Listen NJ

I thank Miss Pea (otherwise known as Priscilla Cordero) for her help in assisting me in navigating the ListenNJ procedure.

After opening my account and adding 3 children's items to my cart, I was able to download the books and listen to them at one of the computers at the reference desk. I enjoyed listening to "Harry the Dirty Dog" written by Gene Zion and narrated by Ernest Troost, "Caps for Sale" by Esphyr Slobodkina narrated by Rex Robbins, and "Knuffle Bunny" by Mo Willems and narrated by Mo and Trixie Willems. I listened to all of "Harry" and parts of the other two.

The end result of hearing the audio book was a positive experience. The process of the downloading seemed very cumbersome and slow compared to the speed of the internet.
Maybe it would seem different if I were downloading to an MP3player or a disc.

No comments: