Thing # 20 Earthquake Bridgeport, Illinois, 4-18-2008

Thing # 21 "The Rose Bette Midler"

Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing # 12:WorldCat

I liked using WorldCat. It seems easier to use than some of the other "tools" we have looked at.
I used two titles to "search": Laura Childs' "Dragonwell Dead " and the children's book "All of a Kind Family." OCL has them both.
I looked for Pauline Miller's book. It looks as if 29 libraries have it in the US, the farthest being 1300 miles away in Houston.
I guess WorldCat would help with the "request for materials" form. I have not had to fill those forms out, so I have no experience with them.

1 comment:

sewinglady said...

I use world Cat but I don't see much use for the general public unless they are very curious people. It's fun to play around but so is Amazon and Barnes and Noble and you can order books from them.es